7.14.2010

i write like

I write like Stephen King. And James Joyce. And Chuck Palahniuk, Stephanie Meyer, Dan Brown, Jonathan Swift, Arthur Conan Doyle, and David Foster Wallace. Depending on the day.
              I plugged a dozen or so of my blog posts into http://iwl.me/ to “Check what famous writer you write like with this statistical analysis tool, which analyzes your word choice and writing style and compares them to those of the famous writers.”
              Sarah Palin writes like Dan Brown. F. Scott Fitzgerald writes like Jack London. I think I’ll just stick to translating paragraphs to Japanese and back until reaching equilibrium. Here’s the first paragraph of the “happy man” post below.


The young man, speaking in front of the joy and laughter in the history of Keno, Kitou Yamuyamunudoruba voice planting sister gesticulating week. "He was always happy," said Nina, "but he is walking down the street in front of the car. It is my fear.”
See, isn’t that more fun?
http://translationparty.com/#7626136

6 comments:

  1. I preparing by radar unspeakable religion. OK bedposts. Turd butt. But never again forever.

    I know, I know: Flannery O'Connor.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Biggest laugh of the week, Debbie. Thanks.

    ReplyDelete
  3. C'mon. That's got Tolstoy written all over it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. For pulp and, hopefully, for word play: I got Raymond Chandler (blog post) and Vladimir Nabokov (personal writing). I know. I said ew too.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Actually, Debbie, submit that to The New Yorker under '20 under 40' and get your mailman to draw a picture to go with it!

    ReplyDelete
  6. Margaret Atwood tried the I Write Like tool. Apparently she writes like Stephen King.

    ReplyDelete